Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp: signing Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez?

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has admitted that he would not think twice about signing Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez if he was given the chance.

The Argentine looks certain to leave the Etihad Stadium in the January transfer window following recent troubles with manager Roberto Mancini, and Serie A giant AC Milan is the striker’s most likely destination.

"I like Tevez, he's a fantastic player. I couldn't see it happening, but I'd be a liar if I said I wouldn't take him if I had the chance,” he told TalkSport. "When he plays, he's top class. Whatever you say about him, when he plays he has a real go and never plays without putting in all in."

Spurs are currently third in the Premier League table, just seven points off Manchester City and Manchester United with a game in hand, and Redknapp insists he is happy with his current squad and is not planning any moves in the transfer market unless a top player becomes available.

"I think we'll stay with what we've got. Unless you can buy a fantastic player, we aren't going to improve too much," he added. 
Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp admits that he would not think twice about signing Carlos Tevez if he was given the chance.
The Argentine looks certain to leave the Etihad Stadium in the January transfer window following the recent troubles with City manager Roberto Mancini, with Serie A giants AC Milan set to be the striker’s most likely destination.
The Spurs boss admits that it is highly unlikely a move to White Hart lane would materialise but insists if the chance arose, he would not turn down the 27-year-old striker.
"I like Tevez, he's a fantastic player. I couldn't see it happening, but I'd be a liar if I said I wouldn't take him if I had the chance,” he told TalkSport.
"When he plays, he's top class. Whatever you say about him, when he plays he has a real go and never plays without putting in all in."
Spurs are currently third in the Premier League table, just seven points off the leaders, and Redknapp insists he is happy with his current squad and is not planning any moves in the transfer market.
"I think we'll stay with what we've got. Unless you can buy a fantastic player, we aren't going to improve too much," he added.
"I'd probably give myself a headache by bringing someone else in because I've got plenty of cover in most positions."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let Atlanta know what you think