Chelsea's misfiring stiker Fernando Torres has confessed that he just "cannot score"

Chelsea's misfiring stiker Fernando Torres has confessed that he just "cannot score" over a year after his move from Liverpool, which smashed the British transfer record.

The 27-year-old has scored just three goals in 34 league appearances and insists that he is hell-bent on becoming a success at Stamford Bridge as fans grow tired of his misfiring performances in front of goal.

Didier Drogba has been away on Africa Cup of Nations duty for the last month, which has meant Blues' boss Andre Villas-Boas, feeling the pressure himself, has had little choice but to start Torres on a regular basis.

And Torres is the first to acknowledge that things have not gone exactly to plan.

"To be honest, after one year I was expecting things would be better than they are now," Torres told ESPN

"It is a difficult situation because I am happy in my personal life. We really like the club and we're very happy here to be involved with the staff and the players. 

"On the pitch it is a difficult time for Chelsea because we are not finding the results but we're changing things like playing a different style and still we have a young team to do it."

The Spain international knows that he must attempt to win over the fans by starting to score goals on a regular basis and improving his overall play.

"Personally I have to improve", he said. "In my time at Liverpool there were games where I would not be playing well or I would be doing nothing but every time I touched the ball I scored.

"It's such a strange feeling now because I am feeling better than ever physically. I am not finding the chances and, when I do find the chances, I cannot score."

It has been a tough opening 12 months to his Blues' career, but Torres is adamant he wants to stay at the club and inspire them to success.

"My present and my future are here. I have many things to do here and I want to do it because I always did what I wanted in every club I've been at, so this is not going to be different," he said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let Atlanta know what you think