College Alert: Georgia Gwinnett College hires Kaminski as assistant soccer coach

fter being named head coach of the Georgia Gwinnett College women’s soccer program earlier this year, Chris Kouns added to his staff on Friday with the hiring of former NCAA Division I standout Andrea Kaminski as his assistant coach. Kaminski both played for and coached alongside Kouns previously.
“As soon as I took the job, I knew that I needed Andrea to join me,” Kouns said. “Not only is she a terrific coach, but she’s also a great person and role model. Andrea and I have had a relationship that allows her to speak her mind in everything, from lineup suggestions to recruiting and team matters. I am a better coach because of her.”
Kaminski, who played for Kouns when he was an assistant at the University of Cincinnati, had spent the last four seasons on his staff at Capital University (Ohio), helping the team to three conference championships and a berth into the NCAA Division III national semifinals in 2013. She worked primarily with the goalkeepers and defense in her time with the Crusaders, helping keeper Maggie Donnellan collect three consecutive conference goalkeeper of the year awards as well as a pair of all-region honors and an NSCAA All-America designation.
“I’m really excited to be joining GGC,” Kaminski said. “I have had a great relationship with Chris, and I’m really excited to get to know the ladies and get ready for this season. I’m a very competitive person, and I’m hoping that I’ll be able to help push the program forward.”
Kaminski boasts of a wealth of playing experience, beginning with a record-breaking career in goal for Cincinnati. In her four years with the Bearcats, she logged 6,713 minutes in goal and graduated as the school’s all-time saves leader, leading the Big East Conference in the category in both 2006 and 2009.
Following her collegiate career, Kaminski competed for the West Virginia Illusion of the W-League and spent time coaching for former U.S. Women’s National Team coach Tony DiCicco with his Soccer Plus Goalkeeping School.
Kaminski graduated from the University of Cincinnati in 2010 with a degree in special education.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let Atlanta know what you think